Netiquette is one of my favorite words. It is a combination of “net” and “etiquette”, and it sounds rather dainty; it refers to the rules and guidelines of acceptable online behavior. Sometimes it is nebulous, and sometimes it feels like such a thing does not exist at all. Blame that last one on trolls.
In the spirit of generally being courteous to each other in online spaces, and especially while visiting each other during A to Z, here are some nice things you can do for your fellow challenge participants!
1. Write comments with substance. I know we talk about this a lot, but it bears repeating. Instead of saying “nice post!” and running away, pick something in their post that you particularly liked, and highlight it. It shows that you actually read the post, and the compliment is a great ego booster!
2. Follow your favorites. Visits during April are all nice and great, but it shows even more support if you sign up to follow the blogs you really like. Click follow, sign up for updates or newsletters, or pick any other option the blog offers. This way, you can keep up with them after A to Z!
3. Share on social media. If you find a post you loved, or a blog you enjoy, share their social media posts (tweets, Facebook posts, etc.). If they don’t have them, copy and past the link and make some noise for them! 🙂
4. Support your artists. If you love the flash fiction they write, the poems they post, or the things they paint, draw, crochet, design, etc., consider supporting your favorite creative people! Buy the ebook, buy the print, order a T-shirt, or whatever you have the mood and budget for. Or if you can’t spend right now, put them on your Wish List. See if someone surprises you 🙂
5. Leave a link! Please leave a link. I know this is also something we keep repeating, but I’m saying it again, because it breaks my heart every time when someone comments on my blog, and I can’t find where they came from to visit them back. Please leave a link! Here is how you do it nicely.
If you wish to include a direct link to your blog post of this day’s letter, please click:
This form will close in 48 hours.
The A to Z team recommends TimeAndDate or WorldTimeBuddy for your time zone calculation needs.
We post at Midnight GMT.
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the standard by which all time zones are based. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is the time zone used for UTC. That’s why we use it.
If you wish to visit other blogs in this bloghop challenge who have incorporated today’s letter into their current post, please click:
(If you intend to make a copy of the spreadsheet, we suggest waiting until the form closes.)
Click for the MASTER LIST of all participants who signed up for the #AtoZchallenge 2018!