We’re celebrating our Tenth Anniversary here at the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
#AtoZchallenge. The blog hop that made an online community by asking bloggers to spend the month of April using the English alphabet as inspiration for their posts. We’re glad you stopped by today.
Book Blog Tours
There are plenty of authors and book bloggers in the A to Z challenge. Simon says raise your hand if you know what a book blog tour is!
*cough* This blog held one earlier this year. If you’re not a newb, your hand should be up. *cough*
Okay. Simon says you can put your hand back down. Book Blog Tours are an easy way for writers to reach a larger audience. It also gains your blog extra exposure from people who are looking for information on a certain book. Plus, it’s an easy post to create, so that’s freebie content.
Sometimes bloggers who aren’t authors or book-bloggers aren’t sure how a novel could tour on their blog. Here’s a list of ten categories of blogs and ways they could invite certain books to tour:
- Culinary blogs could host novels that have unusual food. (The Hunger Games eventually got a cookbook.) Or non-fiction recipe books, because those can tour too.
- Entertainment blogs could compare a book to a movie, television show, or play. Or perhaps use books that reference certain bands or music. (Rock-fiction is a thing.)
- Genealogy blogs could host books that feature characters who look up their genealogy.
- Health blogs could discuss books with characters who have certain health issues. (The diverse book movement is encouraging more of these!)
- Lifestyle and Social blogs could interview authors or characters who live the certain lifestyles featured on the blog. (I’ve interviewed an author who lives on a boat and another who traveled around the world.)
- Mythology and Folklore blogs are perfect for novels with that subject.
- Parenting/Family blogs are a great place for children’s’ books to tour.
- Spirituality and Religion blogs might be a good place for books with characters of faith.
- Travel blogs could compare their journey with those of a character who travels.
- Women’s Interest blogs could feature books with strong female characters.
I hope this list has inspired you to invite an author to tour on your blog. Do you know of a book that fits one of the types of blogs listed?
That’s the link to the Master List. You can find, and hop to, all the blogs officially participating on that sheet.
Grab your A to Z gear, and other cool goodies from our graphics guy, here: NeatoShop.com/artist/Jeremy-Hawkins