H is for Hustler
When I first mentioned to my co-blogger, Richard, that I was writing a post for H for the A to Z Blog, he suggested H is for Hustler. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. It’s a word I’m familiar with, certainly, but putting a definition down on paper was difficult. So, I went to dictionary.com for a little help.
1. An enterprising person determine to succeed; go-getter.
2. Slang. A person who employs fraudulent or unscrupulous methods to obtain money; swindler.
3. Informal. An expert gambler or game player who seeks out challengers, especially unsuspecting amateur ones, in order to win money from them.
Ah yes, the last one. That’s what made me think of that word in connection with our gambling theme for 2021. But then I had a new, related inspiration, courtesy of the first definition of hustler:
1. To proceed or work rapidly or energetically.
2. To push or force one’s way; jostle or shove.
Recently, several of us here at A to Z experienced situations that left us scrambling to get things done on a deadline (including me making this post only a couple days beforehand, when usually I’m done before April starts). It’s great to work with a team who can hustle when they need to, and which is not filled with hustlers (definition 3), but rather hustlers (definition 1). The A to Z Team is a great one, and I’m proud to be a part of it.
As we near the end of the first full week, are you hustling to finish your A to Z posts for the month, or are you all scheduled out?
from Blogger http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/2021/04/h-is-for-hustle.html